Saturday, August 11, 2007

Spanky's Bed - Pre-felting



Although the bed is being made for Spanky while he’s hanging out in the shop, Oscar decides to call first dibs. I was looking at various blogs when I came across one with this pattern for the Kitty Pi Bed (© 2003-2006 Wendy D. Johnson ) After viewing the gallery here (http://wendyknits.net:80/knit/kittybedgallery.htm), I convinced S to let me use the wool yarn from Uruguay we bought off Ebay and got started on the bed. The bed’s pre-felted dimension is about 24” across and I’m hoping it will be about 18” across when felted.

During the course of knitting it, I changed up the stitches to vary the pattern a bit and I really like the way it turned out. The next task is to figure out the best way to block it after it’s felted and I think I got pretty creative. The bed looks like it’s going to be just the right size and I can’t wait for it to dry completely so Spanky can try it out.

No comments: