Sunday, July 27, 2008

Holy Amazing Watermelon, Batman!

I don't want to spend too much time on this tonight because I'm tired and I haven't taken pictures of the knitting I've been up to. I've been working on a few different things but I'll save those for another post. For now I just want to show you all my first WATERMELON!!!

Isn't it beautiful! This picture was taken last Sunday, July 20th. I really wasn't sure we were going to get an actual WATERMELON from this plant so that's pretty darned exciting. It's about the size of a small egg in this picture and it seemed to appear overnight. Now, I figure watermelon probably grow pretty fast because they get kinda big. However, I had NO idea they would grow this fast. Check it out!

This is the watermelon this evening. Of course the vine decided to grow up the fence instead of along the ground. And of course when it finally decides to make a watermelon, it does so in the highest point of the vine. So, of course we had to figure out something to hold up this monstrosity since the little bunny guard fencing just wasn't going to do. A what better to come to the rescue than an old Cat Litter bucket. Hey, don't laugh, it's called recycling!
I'll work on a knitting update for the next post. Sorry! :)

No comments: