Sunday, September 30, 2012

Manos Mania

I just finished using up the last of my first two skeins of Manos del Uruguay Maxima.  The three projects I completed are; a beanie version of the Spring Cap by Woolly Wormhead,
the Quaker Cowl by Lisa R Myers,
and lastly the One Day Beret by Kirsten Kapur.
I must say I am in love with this yarn.  The colors are fabulous and the feel of it moving through your fingers is top notch.  Yummy!   I used 2 skeins to knit all three of these projects; the beanie style Spring cap and cowl out of one skein and just a smidge of the next and the beret ate up most of the rest.

I have another skein in a different colorway with beautiful browns, pinks and oranges and I'm leaning towards some kind of cowl with it so I can cozy up into the softness.
I think knitting these projects is really helping me confirm that I want to knit with yarn that really speaks to me and then find a project to show it off the best.  I have some pretty skeins in my stash and I'm on the hunt.  There are certainly worse ways to spend my time.

No comments: