Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Checking In

So, how goes it? It's been a little bit since I've written and I feel the need to check-in, as the title says. However, I don't have too much to talk about. What am I knitting you ask? Well, I'm not quite ready to tell you. Does that make me coy? I don't mean to be. It's just I've started making this really simple idea I've had for quite a while. I had this idea and started knitting and now I've got about 10 of these made and a cute little name to go with. I'd like to get about 30 of them done and then take them into work and see if women like them as much as I do. Everyone I've shown so far loves the idea so who knows. After I get a good collection completed, I'll post pictures and see what you think.

Meanwhile, I've also started a number of little items: the Tribble you see below (because you can't knit just one...and boy is that true), a simple lace scarf called Wisp, with some yarn I got at Big Lots (my favorite "you never know what you'll find" store), a pair of socks with KnitPicks Gossamer for S based on the Chevron Pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks, a couple of different versions of Market Bags, (one from a pattern and one from my brain) and I still have my Pinwheel Blanket.

So I obviously have lofty goals but I haven't been keeping up with photos and blogging. I've also been doing some Spring work around the house to try and get ready for summer and rid the house of the bad winter mojo. Unfortunately, the rollercoaster weather is not exactly helping things. So,while I don't have a bunch of beautiful knitting photos, I'll leave you with some flowers from my yard. The yard is an overgrown mess, but wow, don't these look great? I just look at them and I feel better. :)

No comments: