Saturday, February 21, 2009

Baby Elefante Walk

Growing up my favorite stuffed animal was a hot pink elephant with bright yellow inside the ears. I loved this little critter so much that only one ear survives but it is stilled treasured to this day. Given that history, how could I not fall in love with this little Elefante pattern by Susan Anderson. This is just the cutest little thing and so simple to make. It went so quickly and was so easy and I expect a few more to be coming. I made this little guy with some left over KnitPicks Wool of the Andes. I didn't use any polyfill pellets like the pattern calls for but he has no trouble standing on his own so I don't think it was any lose. I also knit the ears in garter stitch instead of the crochet in the pattern. As I mentioned, I really liked how quick and cute this little project was and it is inspiring me to make many more toys. A bunny for Easter...who knows what's next. Maybe another Elefante....in Hot Pink. :)



No comments: