Sunday, August 12, 2007

Spanky's Bed - Post Felt





Yep, Spanky loves the new bed. Well...he will if I can get the cats off of it long enough for him to check it out.


The bed is all dry now and I've learned a couple of things. If I decide to do another of these, I'm going to double up the yarn so it's thicker. This bed will be nice to at least keep Spanky off the ground but I'm not sure how long it will last. It just feels thinner than I really like. I also think I would try and make the sides taller and more bowl like so I could put a pillow in the bottom of it. Lastly, I think I want to try some spirals of color like some of the others in the gallery. If I worked it from the top down I could even spiral the decreases but it's probably not worth all that effort when it's going to be felted and you lose all the stitch definition anyway. Oh well, we'll see if I get froggy.

No comments: