Saturday, November 17, 2007

Gift from Grandma

So, the last time I saw my Grandpa I showed him my knitting journal which I have dedicated to my Grandma. My Grandma was the crafty influence in my life as she was always doing something new. Whether it was quilting, sewing, or making sleighs out of popsicle sticks, I loved to see the new things she made. However, I never really appreciated it all the way I should have when she was around and I didn't even know enough to get her to teach me to knit. Damnit!We always regret things when people are gone, don't we. Anyway, after showing him the journal, he mentioned that he had gotten rid of most of her crafting stuff after she died, but there was still some stuff in the basement and the next time my mom saw him, he gave her a shirt box, taped shut, and said it was for me. When I got home, I opened it up and this is what I found...
Wow, so now I need to work on my embroidery skills to make use of some of this beautiful floss. There are a ton of different colors and even some motif patterns by Simplicity. I cried when I opened the box and saw my grandma's handwriting inside. It amazing how special this little box of thread really is. Thanks Grandpa.

No comments: