Friday, November 23, 2007

Socks Ahoy!


Well, just in time for our anniversary, I finished the socks I was working on for S. They are well loved already because I couldn't keep them hidden while I was working on them and all I got was "are they done yet? My feet are cold." No kidding, it's 33 degrees. Anyway, I completed these in light speed as far as I am concerned and I could not be happier. I have a little gapping along the decrease edge of the heel gusset on one side of each sock. I read the suggestion to knit into the back of the loop of the decreasing stitch in order to close some of this gap but it doesn't seem to have made too much difference on the second sock. Oh well. Other than that small little thing, I think they look great!! This is my first completed PAIR of socks and I am very pleased. I have to admit I really liked the size 7 needles and how quick that made these go. However, I did run out of yarn about 5 rows from the end of the second sock and ended up having to use some of my guage swatch yarn to finish them. I have the next pair in the queue but they are on size 2 (I assume but I haven't done the gauge swatch yet) and I think they'll take a little longer. I've got a bit of time before they need to be completed.

Tonight I am finishing the Marsan Hat for RED which I only need to finish the decreases. Next, I'm thinking some of the other dishclothes I need completed for the holidays. I want to do another just plain one to match the one already complete below and then do a couple of the Ballband dishclothes that are in the Mason Dixon book using this same yarn and using chocolate brown for the mortar. This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for yarn! :)

No comments: