Thursday, February 21, 2008

Snow Day!!!

More appropriately, Ice Day! We're getting hit by a sleeting rain / ice storm here in the Midwest and my street is an ice skating rink right now. I went out to start the car and decided skating to work did not sound like fun so I am staying home where it's safe and semi-warm. I'll still have to do some work things throughout the day, but I'm sure I will have time for some knitting and I just can't decide what to work on. I started another little bib the other day and I could get it all finished. I'm making it with Peaches and Cream cotton in color way Fiesta. I love the colors in this yarn and it makes one crazy patterned bib. What fun! I just finished a little bag with this yarn for a friend's daughter. It is a kind of "payment" for the yarn itself since the friend was so nice as to gift the yarn but mentioned her daughter would really love something made with this one. Hint, hint!! So, I took the bait and made her this little bag. It's based on Candy's Bag that I found (let's say it all together now) on Ravelry. I think the bag will be well received.I've also been thinking about a pair of Saartje's Booties. These little things are so cute and would be a nice quick and rewarding project. I saw them made in some yarn I have in my stash and am thinking they might be a fun way to spend my snow day.

Then again, I also need to finish Spanky's Sweater. Now that Darla is sporting hers all over the house, Spanky is terribly jealous and keeps pressuring me to get his finished. Spanky's is going to be the same pattern but I am using Vanna's Choice yarn from Lion Brand. I decided he needed something I can throw in the washer the way he loves to dig in the mud and such. I picked a deep eggplant purple and a sort of avacado green for the accent stripes. I've got the collar ribbing completed and am ready to start knitting in the holes for the sleeves. If I really put my mind to it, this could be nearly ready to wear tonight. Hmm...

One thing I can't work on is my Pinwheel blanket. It makes me sad but I still haven't been able to get new needles with a longer cable so it will have to wait. However, I could work on my Hemlock Ring blanket. As I think I mentioned previously, I worked this blanket for the first 63 rows when I finally realized I actually made a mistake somewhere around row 35 that threw off the pattern. It took me about a month to get up the nerve to pull out all those rows of stitches and when I finally got back to the area of the mistake, I realized there was another one back around row 17. Wow, tears were very close. After another week I pulled back to row 17 and started again. I did fine until that darn row 35 again (it's a toughy) but thanks to Pixie and the Ready, Set, Knit Podcast I was able to find some pictures and charts that cleared it up for me and I made it through. I am back up to row 65 (YEAH!) and I am in love with this blanket. The yarn is AMAZING! It's Dream in Color Classy and I love it. I must say, it is calling my name to knit...knit like the wind..

I also want to start a Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon Knits. I have a ton of cotton yarn and I love the idea of doing another sweater type thing with a faster reward. Lastly, I've been doing some research on adult sweaters because I am feeling very close to my first "full size" garment. I just need to decide what. Any suggestions?
So what will I knit today? I don't know, but I think it's time to get started!

No comments: