Sunday, December 23, 2007

Organization is GOOD!

I spent some time this morning organizing my little knitting storage space. I have an old toychest from my childhood in the other room that has gift bags filled with yarn in it. It's a mish-mash of novelty and various acrylic yarns I've bought over the last year or two. The space below is in my knitting room and it's where I keep my "in progess" stuff, books, tools, etc. My partner and I share the closet and although I am much shorter I have the top since it was easier to clean out. Since I only have one shelf and a rod, which does me no good, I've had to improvise some and it seems to have worked out pretty well. It's hard to see but my books are too the left perpendicular to the door because the shelf doesn't actually go all the way to the back wall. There's about a 4" gap between the shelf and the wall and the books can't sit back there without going all catywhompus (how does one spell that anyway?). Behind them are the few cones of Peaches and Cream I have been working my way through. On the rod are 4 bags; one with completed stuff, one with various Peaches and Cream or Sugar and Cream cotton, one with all my feltable wool, and the last with my blanket in progress.
On the right are my bins with DPN and circular needles and tools, journaling tools, and swatches. Below those is a container with some stitchmarkers I made and lastly, the box with the embroidery floss from my Grandma. I'm very pleased with the final result.

No comments: